Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 1 May 2014

Peapod Wine - Final Bottle (5), 21st-22nd April 2014

I was prepared to pour this bottle down the sink. It has been nine months since we last had any and I remember that bottle being nasty. I put a bottle of crab apple in the fridge by way of back up. It is with genuine delight, therefore, that I can report this wine has improved massively with age. Should I ever make peapod wine again, which, frankly, is unlikely, storing it for nearly three years is the way forward. It was still a little sweet but had a hint of German Rheisling (he said, pretentiously).

We drank most the bottle on Easter Monday - which really is the scrapings of the Easter barrel. A glass was left in the bottle for Claire whilst I was out playing quintets in Ilkley. She finished it before I set off and opened the crab apple.



No comments:

Post a Comment