Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 24 May 2014

Orange Wine - Third Bottle (A2), 15th-16th May 2014

Orange wine was my reward for going swimming. Before last night I don't think I have swum since 2009. However, I have moved offices so that Work is now 5 miles away, rather than not-quite-four, and that is too far to walk. Unless I make an effort I will now get no exercise whatsoever. Hence going swimming.

It was a better experience than I had feared, but worse would have been tricky. Scott Hall Swimming Baths have become far less scuzzy over the last 5 years, and there isn't quite so much public nudity. I managed either 14 or 16 lengths, and can still move 24 hours later.

In fact today I did walk home, through some exceptionally well-heeled areas of Leeds, and I feel I deserved my share of the orange wine, which was its usual crisp, dry self.

The last time I was anywhere near a swimming pool

No comments:

Post a Comment