Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 2 August 2020

Mint, Rhubarb & Elderflower Wine 2017 - Final Bottle (1), 28th-29th July 2020

This bottle has not improved on keeping. It was okay, but nothing more than, and I thought I detected a bitter note. The two days on which we drank it, though, were excellent. I had long walks in the Pennines on Tuesday and the Dales on Wednesday - and both were beautiful in different ways. The Pennines are grittier and bleaker somehow.

The Pennines

Coming back from the Dales the car made alarming noises, intermittently at first and then - 2 miles from home - continually. I called the AA and sat by the road until they came.

The Dales

No comments:

Post a Comment