Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 27 August 2020

Blackberry Wine 2019 - First Bottle (B6), 6th-7th August 2020

This is perhaps not my best blackberry wine ever, but it is entirely acceptable. Having another 17 bottles to drink does not fill me with dismay. There is the usual bramble hit to the flavour, but it is not as full-on or as sweet as my best vintages of blackberry wine.

We drank a glass each on Thursday night and then finished the bottle on Friday, when I felt that I deserved a drink. It was the end of the first week back from holiday (a stay-cation, naturally) and I was exceptionally busy at work. But I have now very nearly caught up - and that is worth celebrating.

Taken on 7 August - an artichoke flower

If you want to see how I made this wine, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment