Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 22 August 2020

Blackcurrant Wine 2019 - First Bottle (A5), 14th-15th July 2020

 I have made another fine vintage of blackcurrant wine. This is one of the most drinkable of all the wines that I make - in that there is a fruit-sweetness to it and that gives it a "to be glugged rather than savoured" quality. Therefore, it is of some surprise that we drank it over two nights.

Tuesday nights are currently Broadchurch nights. Claire has not seen it before, whereas I have. Knowing who the killer is does not make it less enjoyable, which indicates that it is well written, directed and performed. The clues to the killer's identity are subtle in the extreme.

Rosebay Willow Herb, taken on 14 July

If you want to see how I made this wine, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment