Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 14 June 2020

Muscat of Alexandria - First Bottle (6), 3rd-5th March 2020

I was not at all sure what to expect for this wine. I mean - grapes! What exotic flavour might by summoned by a wine made from grapes? Certainly it had all the appearance of a white wine: beautifully clear and a pale yellow colour. The taste was tart yet floral. If making it again I would add more sugar because there was a dessert wine struggling its way through. Claire said that it was merely disappointing: a conference wine.

On the last night that it was open Claire was out playing chamber music and I made a cake. This is not usual activity for me, but was surprisingly easy - a marmalade cake. If offered a glass of this wine or a slice of cake, I would choose the cake consistently.

A photo I took on 4 March:
my feet aren't really that big!
If you want to see how I made this wine, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment