Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 12 June 2020

Ginger Wine 2019 - Third Bottle (1), 19th April 2020

I thought that this wine was too dry. The lemon was nearly more pronounced than the ginger. My expectations were set too high and that often makes for a disappointing wine. Claire disagreed and did not think that it needed to be any sweeter.

We drank this wine at the end of a lovely day. The weather has been glorious (though we do need some rain) and I spent my morning in the front garden, digging and turning earth. It is a hugely satisfying activity. In the evening we ate Jerk Chicken and watched Last Tango in Halifax and, despite everything, it felt like all was right with the world. (It very clearly isn't!)


No comments:

Post a Comment