Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 22 May 2020

Blackberry Wine 2018 - Third Bottle (B4), 9th-10th November 2019

This bottle is where I and the Wine Party disagree. I thought that this wine was disappointing - much less than blackberry wine can be. My guests voted it into second place, with an average score of Very Nearly 4. Mary was particularly effusive about it. She awarded it a 10 out of 5 (for scoring purposes I reduced this to 5.5) and christened it 'The Badgers'. Duncan, however, agreed with me, giving it a 2 and commenting on its thinness. I don't think that 2018 will go down as a classic Blackberry Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment