Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 10 August 2015

Elderberry Wine - First Bottle (B4), 19th July 2015

Well, this was a disaster. Not the wine per se but the fact that I opened the bottle at all. It was not due to be opened for at least another two months. I have only just bottled it. But it was at that 'Tired and Emotional' end of the evening where I was fixated on finding an Elderberry for the assembled guests (we were having lamb, and Elderberry wine is virtually a legal requirement in those circumstances) and all thoughts of 'vintage' disappeared.

The wine itself was fine - but young with its usual metallic taste. I must be more careful with my selection in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment