Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 16 June 2015

Prune & Parsnip Wine - Fourth Bottle (A1), 9th-10th June 2015

This year's Book Group party theme is 'Animals'. Earlier this week I finished a literary, difficult (but worthwhile) read - Gould's Book of Fish by Richard Flanagan. I fancied something at the other end of the spectrum, so while having a glass or two of Prune & Parsnip, I rattled my way through the first 100 pages of Jaws which is neither difficult nor literary.

We finished the bottle after a fairly dreadful WYSO while eating florentines in honour of the Feast of St Ithamar. Prune & Parsnip wine is sweet enough to drink with chocolatey biscuits, and I have decided that despite not being a believer, St Ithamar is my personal patron saint. I will explain more in my next post: Blackcurrant - First Bottle.

2015's Feast of St Ithamar

No comments:

Post a Comment