Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 20 June 2015

Blackberry Wine - Fourteenth Bottle (A6), 14th June 2015

It being my birthday I chose my favourite flavour of wine and we drank from the precious, delicate glasses that once belonged to my grandfather. For most birthday meals Claire cooks something untried and fancy, and always superb. This year what I desired and got was the Egg & Pepper Thing, and it did not disappoint. There was Virginia Woolf's Dundee Cake made with brandy-soaked cherries to round it all off. What more could a man want for his birthday? (In fact, the wine was less good than I had hoped, but everything else made up for it.)


... and her Dundee Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment