Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 18 June 2015

Blackcurrant Wine - First Bottle (A3), 10th June 2015 (sort of)

Jude has designed a postcard to advertise Rydal. It has a retro look to it, and does the job nicely. I had agreed to pay £100 for this, but when it came down to it Jude said that she didn't want the money. I paid her in wine instead. It all very nearly went catastrophically wrong, though. In the car park, before WYSO, Claire pulled the bag on which I had rested the bottle out of the boot, launching this bottle onto tarmac. I watched it fall in slow motion, expecting glass to shatter and an overpowering smell of blackcurrant. That the bottle stayed unbroken I put down to a miracle of St Ithamar, whose feast day it was, and who I have honoured every year since 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment