Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 17 August 2013

Rhubarb Wine - Fourth Bottle (A2), 9th August 2013

Book Group was held at ours this month and I realised too late that I did not have any real wine in the house. Rhubarb wine is a close approximation so I chilled this in the freezer for 45 minutes and then the fridge. Given a choice between rhubarb and elderberry everyone chose the rhubarb, so between us we polished off the bottle quickly. The comments were generally favourable.

Out book was The Great Gatsby, which I had read in my early twenties and had not enjoyed. It is surprising what a difference two decades makes. This time I loved it - exquisite writing, important subjects of pretence and loss, with elements of mystery. Everyone voted this a 'Hit', with Jon being the most lukewarm. And then three large homemade cakes were brought into the room.


No comments:

Post a Comment