Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 23 August 2013

Elderberry Wine - First Bottle (B3), 17th-18th August 2013

Circumstances required me to open this bottle a whole month earlier than I would have ordinarily. I had little choice in the matter. The cork was giving every sign of about to shoot out the neck in spectacular fashion. I had a jug to hand as I opened the bottle, and this proved necessary. The wine exploded in firework style and I managed to catch all the liquid. There was much pink foam, fizzing away like a violent chemistry experiment.

The taste of this wine was acceptable, but it is clear this wine needs more time to mature. It is an elderberry alcopop, and I am worried that the other bottles will also have a tendency to detonate. Chances of it maturing are low.

*

If you want to see how I made this wine, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment