Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Redcurrant Wine - Final Bottle (6), 24th-25th May 2013

Much of Friday was spent looking round Stonebridge Homes' sites - those that we are in the process of buying, and those in the process of being developed. This should have been a fun day out - seeing the physical manifestation of what work is all about. Instead, it was bitterly cold and wet. My site plans turned into soggy tissue paper. It is late May. Surely by now we should have left winter behind. I decided during the heaviest rain and muddiest field that I would open something nice when I got home. The last bottle of redcurrant was a good choice. It is a fabulous colour and has a sharp, fruity taste. The flavour was on trial, after the 2010 batch, but the six bottles from 2011 have passed with flying colours and when I get a chance, I will repeat this wine.

There was still a glass left for tonight - and today the bad weather is a distant memory. It has been sunny and warm, and my right arm has gone pink - indeed, the colour of this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment