Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 25 May 2013

Crab Apple & Strawberry Wine - Fifth Bottle (4), 19th-20th May 2013

Either I have remembered it wrong or there has been a signifcant improvement in quality, but this bottle was a surprise. I have memories of something too dry and dull, whereas this bottle was delightful. It had a subtle strawberry taste and a champagne fizz. Definitely one to do again, and I am glad Claire persuaded me of this last October.

We drank the majority of the bottle after returning from York. Having eaten vast quantities of processed meat, cholesterol and rubarb pie (all delicious) we cleansed our palates with a mint and pea soup and this wine was the accompaniment. I then watched the season finale of Doctor Who again, it being so good the first time round.

No comments:

Post a Comment