Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 7 February 2019

Rose Petal 2014 - Eleventh Bottle (A5), 27th-31st January 2019

I decided that a vintage bottle of Rose Petal Wine would go nicely with roast chicken and all the trimmings that I cooked on Sunday night. Claire took one sip and decided otherwise. Whilst I concur that age has not done great things to this bottle, I would not have gone rushing for a different wine to open.

We drank the remainder on Wednesday and Thursday, with more gusto on my part that on Claire's. It is a useful thing to do, though - leave wines to see how that flavour ages. On the whole, rose petal is better in its youth.



No comments:

Post a Comment