Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 18 February 2019

Blackcurrant Wine - Fifth Bottle (B5), 9th February 2019

Claire was out on Saturday afternoon playing Dvorak in Menston, so I was on cooking duties. I briefly considered being adventurous before rejecting that idea in favour of Toad in the Hole. Sausages, after all, are hard to beat. And sausages require a red wine - hence a bottle of blackcurrant. This was sharp and blackcurranty, but 24 hours later, I can't remember a right lot about it. That could have something to do with the whisky macs (in the plural) that I poured myself beforehand.

We spent the evening curled up on the sofa watching a Lewis that I had not seen before.



2 comments:

  1. "Stone's Original Green Ginger Wine?" Gad, that sounds wonderful! I just had a look at your Ginger Wine recipe for January? That is going down on my to do list, some of the ingredients, and a Demijohn may be tricky to find in Thailand, we will see, thanks Ben! Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly ginger wine is one of my favourite. Let me know how you get on. (I tried to reply to the previous comment on Prune & Parsnip - but it didn't work and I wonder if that is because Google+ is closing. Hence the short reply to this.)

    ReplyDelete