Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Rhubarb Wine - 2nd bottle (A1), 1st June 2012

Please raise your glasses to the Queen, Gawd bless Her. It is the start of an extra-long weekend (extending into Tuesday) to celebrate Her Maj's 60th anniversary. I shall mostly avoid the media during the next few days. However, Claire and I did toast the Queen with a bottle of rhubarb wine. Somehow this feels suitable - it has a fizz and its colour is somewhere between red and white (though blue, alas, is lacking). It also sounds like something people would be drinking in 1952, an era of post-war hardship and rationing.

Our food was quiche assembled from garden vegetables, including one broadbean pod and a tiny asparagus spear, with plenty of parsley - which is growing in abundance.

2 comments:

  1. I watched the BBC Concert last night (Kylie and Madness were brilliant and Cheryl Cole was gorgeous) and had the most entertaining Monday night in ages. Britain certainly knows how to put a show on. Well done Britain.

    Did Macmillan say" Britain's never had it so good" after he drank the rhubarb wine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed last night's BBC concert, because I was playing in another (full details here: http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/benhardy/2012/06/05/a-jubilee-concert-in-pontefract-castle/) but glad you enjoyed it.

    I suspect many politicians would do better after a bottle of my rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete