Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 11 June 2012

Gooseberry & Elderflower Wine - Second Bottle (4), 5th June 2012

Tonight's meal required a sharp white, so I opened a bottle of gooseberry & elderflower. I was a little pre-emptive, however. The bottle was opened at 6:30 and we did not eat until nine. So matching food and wine rather went out of the window. It was still a good wine to serve to Bob, Judith and my father - all of whom joined us for the meal - because it is definitely one of my best whites. It is full of its base flavours, yet is more rounded than most homebrews.

We finished the wine quickly whilst picking at chorizo, olives and locally grown asparagus. The evening has been lovely, chatting about family (both Claire's and mine) and generally having a relaxed, entertaining evening in. However, now I must sleep and I have yet to make tomorrow's sandwiches or pack my work bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment