Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 30 June 2012

Blackberry Wine - 17th Bottle (A1), 24th June 2012

This is a particularly good bottle of wine. It has reached a stage of maturity that creates a depth which begins to resemble real red wine. It is a shame, therefore, that there is only one bottle left. I was all for drinking a white wine, but Claire pointed out, reasonably, that we were having a beef and ale pie, and a red would be far more suitable.

Despite having had a gin & tonic in the garden, enjoying a rare bit of June sunshine and a glass of redcurrant wine each, we managed to polish off the bottle, ignoring the fact that we both had work the next morning. I reckon that being sensible and taking all things in moderation is overrated.

2 comments:

  1. Beef and ale pie sounds great Ben. Was it the home brew you made recently?

    Beef cooked in Guinness is also very good. I have recently managed to source Theakstons old Peculier here in Ireland. The off-licence stocks 6 at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire used 'Black Sheep' for the beer. I still have three (large) bottles of the beer that I made. I think I shall take them to the Lake District with me when I go this summer (if we ever get a summer!)

    Old Peculiar is a fine brew - though I can only have a pint or two before I fall over.

    ReplyDelete