Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 12 July 2015

Strawberry Wine - First Bottle (4), 5th July 2015

This is a splendid vintage of strawberry wine. It has a full taste - there is something substantial about it. The strawberry flavour is clear without being cloying. I do not think that I have made better.

One of the reasons that I chose this bottle tonight is that this afternoon has been dominated by strawberries. Claire and I have picked nearly six pounds between us, and I have been busy making the 2015 batch of strawberry wine. We have celebrated 4th July a day late with fried chicken nearly as good as my grandmother used to make and mashed potato (rather than potato salad - it wasn't the weather for that).


If you want to see how I made this wine, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment