Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 24 July 2015

Cherry Wine - Final Bottle (3), 18th July 2015

My parents came over to inspect the new house and eat a fish curry, so I thought it would be a suitable time to crack open the last bottle of Cherry wine. This was not entirely selfless: I am hoping that they will report back to Susan Craig and I will get more cherries. Mom thought this one of the best wines I have made. It is delicious - stuffed with cherry flavour.

We drank the bottle before eating, mostly talking about death. Pop's prostate cancer has been confirmed and he now has to make some difficult choices about treatment. It isn't yet aggressive, but left untreated it will kill him. He and Mom are sanguine about it, though Mom was briefly teary as she contemplated life without her soulmate. But both have lived a charmed life so far, and want another ten years or so. At 74, that isn't greedy, is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment