Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Prune & Parsnip Wine - Ninth Bottle (A6), 29th-30th December 2014

Our Book Group Winter Classic this year is Brideshead Revisited and I spent much of Monday and Tuesday reading it. It is one of those books where the writing forces the reader to slow down. There is danger and decadence bubbling away close to the surface and I find neither Charles nor Sebastian sympathetic characters. It has been a good way to spend this oddly dead time between Christmas and New Year.

We did not drink the full bottle on Monday: by 9:30 I felt washed out and went to bed. This left a large glass each on Tuesday, during which I turned the unkempt stubble I have been nurturing for a week into a goattee for Claire. I always quite like my annual beard when first grown, but tire of it within days.



No comments:

Post a Comment