Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Lemon & Lime Wine - First Bottle (2), 10th-11th January 2015

I put this bottle in the fridge three days before it was opened. My suspicions were that Lemon & Lime Wine needs to be as cold as possible for full enjoyment. Certainly the icy temperature helped. The wine is too sweet to be entirely successful but some sweetness is required. Without, it would taste too much like a bathroom detergent. In fact, the wine was okay and was a particularly good remedy when I ate a chilli-stuffed olive, which was hotter than anticipated. The sharp, cold lemon flavour neutralised the heat. It was also a fine accompaniment to the pissaladiere I made (basically a non-cheese pizza), and that is down to the anchovies.

If you want to see how I made this wine, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment