Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 1 April 2013

Exotic Tinned Fruit Wine - First Bottle (A1), 29th March 2013

Sooz is visiting this Easter weekend, so I thought I would treat her to the first bottle of a new batch of wine. It did not go according to plan. She described it as like "the juice from a tin of fruit cocktail with an undertone of mouthwash". I offered to finish her glass and this was gratefully accepted. Happily both Claire and I enjoyed this bottle and agreed that it is (even) better than the last batch of Exotic Tinned Fruit, though Sooz has a point that it is on the border of being too sweet. On the strength of this, though, I think that I will do this flavour again as my April wine this year. However, right now I must go to bed as despite it being not-yet-ten my lids are exceptionally heavy and my eyes keep crossing.

*

If you want to read how I made this batch, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment