Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 7 July 2021

Blackberry Wine 2020 - Third Bottle (B4), 23rd June 2021

I am a fool. Last bottle of Blackberry 2020, I was smugly pleased about noticing the corking inching towards explosion. Any sensible winemaker would then put all bottles of the same vintage upright, thus minimising the chance of detonation and mess. Not me. Hence, on Wednesday morning I discovered our dining room floor covered in sticky red liquid. I briefly wondered what Wiggy had slaughtered before realising what it was. There was one large glass left in the bottle which Claire and I shared that evening. This would have been an excellent wine.

Our food that evening - Involtini (delicious)


2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, what a waste of lovely blackberry wine...
    Thinking there will be a bumper crop of blackberries this year with all the rain we have had..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, whilst not quite a tragedy, it was certainly annoying. And the soft fruit here seems to have gone mental! Strawberry season is just over (and I'm not making strawberry this year) but raspberry has just begun. And today I harvest gooseberries.

      Delete