Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 17 January 2017

Ginger Wine - First Bottle (6), 13th January 2017

This ginger wine is far better than my previous batch. It is dry, there is an undertone of lemon and the ginger comes through splendidly. It doesn't even need a splash of whisky to make it pleasant. Maybe it is a bottle to share between four rather than two, because the taste is so gingery, but Claire and I managed just fine to finish it over the course of an evening. In fact, we finished it before we ate - but we did eat closer to nine than eight, so I don't think that is scandalous. It was a lovely, quiet evening to round off a week with its fair share of tensions.



If you want to see how I made this wine, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment