Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 10 June 2016

Rose Petal Wine - Tenth Bottle (B1), 4th-5th June 2016

We drank most of this bottle yesterday after a visit to Harlow Carr Gardens near Harrogate. Claire has confirmed her entry into comfortable middle age by becoming a member of the RHS. I have joined her by being able to spot an Acer at 20 paces. Sooz is still hanging onto her youth. She was mostly bored by the gardens and more interested in a bonfire and some rocks.

I thought rose petal wine would tie in with the day - floral, pink and rather good. We drank it while eating artichokes, which I think are leafy globes of deliciousness but which Sooz considers irritating and pointless.


I think I recognise an Acer
Oh - the other thing of note that happened on the Saturday was that I was on Radio 4! The link to the programme is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07djk3s and I am at 52:40. If you ever wondered what I sound like, or want to know how my parents met, have a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment