Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 23 March 2016

Elderberry Wine - Final Bottle (A5), 18th March 2016

Ordinarily on a Friday night I have at least a gin & tonic more than half a bottle of wine. Tonight I have stuck to the elderberry and I suspect that Claire had a tad more wine than me. Tomorrow I need to be fighting fit. We have a concert and I am worried about it. Worried enough to do an hour's bassoon practice, and that never happens. The elderberry wine, though, was fabulous and chosen by Claire to accompany steak - brown on the outside, but bloody pink were it matters.

It is rare that we eat red meat and that makes the experience all the better. Elderberry is a perfect wine to go with it - and an aged elderberry particularly so - smooth, fruity and dark. Here is to no hangover tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment