Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 23 April 2015

Crab Apple Wine - Thirteenth Bottle (B1), 14th April 2015

Pete Beck helped us drink this bottle. I had not seen him since 1993. On Sunday, his Facebook status said he was in Harrogate, so I fired off a message inviting him over. I then spent the next 44 hours regretting it. What would we talk about? Would there be anything in common? How much, in fact, did I enjoy his company half a lifetime ago? Needless to say, we had a lovely time and the conversation never flagged. It was a pleasure to see him and he said nice things about the wine. We parted, promising not to leave it another 22 years.



No comments:

Post a Comment