Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Prune & Parsnip Wine - First Bottle (A3), 8th-11th February 2015

After I had bottled and shared round my rose petal wine, it was decided that I should open another bottle. Prune & Parsnip was an ideal choice - I had spent much of the evening making 2015's batch.

This wine is remarkably consistent: it always has the same dark golden colour and a sweet sherry taste. Both of these are Good Things.

After Sunday, we spent the next three days drinking a little at a time. On Wednesday, we drank the last of the wine after WYSO, where we played Mendelssohn's violin concerto - a glorious piece of music. The soloist came, and he is the same man who played the Beethoven with us in 2013. The Mendelssohn has been on my internal jukebox ever since.

If you want to see how I made this wine, click here



No comments:

Post a Comment