Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 27 April 2014

Elderflower Wine - Eighth Bottle (A2), 20th April 2014 (sort of)

I swapped this bottle for a ticket to a rugby match. We are in Newcastle for Easter, and Sooz suggested we go watch the Falcons play the Saracens. Not being one to say "I don't like it" until I've tried it, I thought this sounded like a splendid idea. So Claire, Sooz and I watched the local team put up a brave fight against the Saracens, but lose 23 - 17.

It was a baffling, enjoyable game with moments of genuine excitement. I did not understand the rules around a scrum at all, or why penalties were given. There was often a tangle of arms and legs on the ground as the unfortunate possessor of the ball got jumped on by five burly men. It was essentially a mixture of ballet and fighting, and not something I'd be any good at at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment