Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 1 March 2014

Elderberry Wine - Sixth Bottle (B1), 22nd-25th February 2014

Saturday was busy. I spent most of it at Holy Trinity Church rehearsing with the Elmet Sinfonietta. 'Biting off more that you can chew' would be an apt phrase. Amongst the pieces is Stravinsky's Octet, which verges on the impossible, and with an octet there is nowhere to hide. Thus I felt I had earned a bottle on Saturday evening, although we did not finish it.



We drank the wine with a fabulous sausage and lentil casserole, saving enough for leftovers on Sunday lunch. Worryingly, I had a few solid bits in the wine - just the first glass, so I am hoping this is not the sign of things to come. They resembled three small blood clots, which was a little off-putting. I ignored them as best I could and went on reading The 100 Year Old Man who Stepped Out of the Window and Disappeared, which on the whole I do not love.


No comments:

Post a Comment