Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Crab Apple Wine - Twelfth Bottle (A1), 23rd February 2014

I took this bottle over to Julia's for a feast, wondering whether I should have taken something a little less 'bog standard'. Julia's niece, Emma, is staying and as she is a violinist who has been convinced to come to Rydal, we played chamber music. There is very little that needs three strings and a bassoon so I ended up playing the flute for the first time in an age. I can just about still do it and semiquavers are easier on an instrument that diminutive.

Ros and Alex joined us for the food - a rabbit and chicken casserole - and we had plenty to drink. More than sensible for a Sunday night. The crab apple, in fact, was delicious, though it was the second or third bottle of the evening, which helped. Claire and I staggered home, getting to bed at too much past eleven.



No comments:

Post a Comment