Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 14 June 2013

Rhubarb Wine - Second Bottle (B6), 8th June 2013

It has been a lovely Saturday. The sun has shone all day and we have had little that we must do. In fact we did quite a lot but we did it voluntarily - and that is important. I started an impromptu batch of peach & banana wine and Claire baked shortbread and a tea loaf (alas for a Music Club committee meeting rather than for me). We had a trip out to Saltaire where there was a Vintage Bric a Brac sale in Victoria Hall. Some of it was tat, and I struggle to include "The 1980s" into my definition of vintage, but we bought a cushion from Jude for our chaiselong and some bowls for Mom.

At home I opened this wine and Claire cooked four fabulous curries - the chicken one being the highlight. The wine as less pink than usual but still tasted as it should - dry with a hint of white wine.

A Splanky Designs Cushion - but not the one we bought

No comments:

Post a Comment