Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 25 October 2012

Redcurrant Wine - Third Bottle (3), 20th October 2012

Our Saturday night bottle has been downed after Music Club and consequently my cheeks are feeling numb. This was the night that Theresa, Donald and I performed eight trios, each from a consecutive century, starting with the thirteenth. A bottle of redcurrant wine was neither celebration nor commiseration. I came away feeling a bit cross but with no other emotion. Donald was clearly nervous and his timing was suspect in many of the pieces - dropping a whole bar in one. But only the Vitali was a disaster, and three or four of the eight were fine. Good, even. Which is also an adequate description of the wine. It is a perfectably acceptable rosé with sharp flavours, and we drank it whilst wathcing the final of The Great British Bake Off, which I found surprisingly emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment