Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 20 October 2012

Elderberry Wine - Second Bottle (A4), 14th October 2012

Claire and I are very bad at being with the zeitgeist. We discovered The League of Gentlemen about four years after everyone else, and I have only now started listening to Chumbawamba after they announced their disbandment. Therefore it is no surprise that weeks after the nation as a whole has been talking about it, we are catching up with The Great British Bakeoff, and that is how we spent most of this bottle.

It is a lovely programme - full of real people doing things well and being nice to each other. And it is heartbreaking when a contestant does not make it through to the next round. A talent show with a soul - and based around cake. What more could I want? Well, elderberry wine possibly. I think I have rarely made a better batch than this. It is drier than previous versions and I wouldn't want it any more so. But it has an overall roundness, which is pleasing.

1 comment:

  1. The League of Gentlemen. I have got the DVD set Ben.

    "This is a shop for local people".

    Royston Vasey is Roy Chubby Brown's real name.

    Brilliant northern English comedy.

    ReplyDelete