Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 21 October 2012

Crab Apple Wine - 11th Bottle (B1), 18th-19th October 2012

Much of this bottle has been consumed whilst reading Why Be Happy When You Can Be Normal, Jeannette Winterson's memoir. This is our next Book Group book and I think in ten years is only our second autobiography (if one ignores the biography-themed party). It is a strange, passionate book and I hear the author's Lancastrian voice speaking the words as I read. So far it is absorbing, sad and funny. I suspect that as the adoption story comes more to the fore I shall start to find it an emotional wrench.

Tonight's wine as drunk after coming back from Pat and Peter's, and our final rehearsal for tomorrow's slot at Music Club. We are playing eight short pieces, each from a different century, and the early ones have a bare, alien sound. I suspect we will leave the audience looking baffled, unsure when or whether to applaud.

No comments:

Post a Comment