Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 18 December 2011

Orange - Bottle A2, 17th December 2011

Christmas is fast approaching. I finally got round to writing some cards today and tonight's activity has been making gingerbread men (and reindeers, and spiders, and stegasauri) whilst listening to Christmas carols by Benjamin Britten and Peter Warlock. So, despite everything, I am inching my was towards seasonal cheer.

We drank this orange wine, the last of 2010's vintage, to home made ravioli stuffed with minced pecans, Cheshire cheese, garlic, parmesan, thyme and pepper served in a leek, mushroom and cream sauce. It was absolutely delicious. I bought Claire the pasta maker as a Christmas present the same year that she bought me the wine making kit. Of the two, the pasta machine has been the less used, but on the whole the wine is more fun. Mind you, 'Claire's Adventures in Pasta Making' could be what the world needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment