Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 27 May 2011

Christmas Tutti Fruti - Bottle B6, 26th May 2011

I have just worked full-time two weeks in a row. This is the first time I have done this since covering Matthew's summer holiday last year. In celebration I have both opened (and finished) this bottle of Christmas Tutti Fruti and booked Tuesday off next week. Working a full week is sufficiently novel that I have (mostly) enjoyed it - it gives a structure to my week that has been missing since I finished my MA in August last year.

This bottle has also marked my first Western. I have started reading the delightfully named 'Dakota Death' by Billy Hall in preparation for the summer Book Group party at the end of next week. Everybody has to read a cowboy story, and how could I resist something with that title? It is rubbish, of course, but I am trying to take it at face value and not to sneer. I have also got a book out of the library - also a Western - with an even worse title; 'High, Wide and Handsome'; to which I look forward mightily.



Changing the subject entirely, Claire has just presented me with the largest bundle of cat hair I have ever seen, all of it from Stan during a vigorous brushing. I heard the yowls from downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment