Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Rhubarb Wine - Third Bottle (A6), 29th-30th June 2017

This has to be the best rhubarb wine that I have made and, irritatingly, I don't know what I did differently. It has a wonderful sharp white wine taste to it and has a pleasant fullness.

I left Claire with the bottle on Thursday night as I went to play wind quintets in Harrogate and came home to a giggly wife plus a less-than-half-full bottle. On Friday I finished the bottle before starting a Gooseberry wine making session - my first one in years. Esther (of the Harrogate Quintet) supplied the gooseberries, and this was a suitable way to start a week's holiday. Work has been rather busy of late and I think I will spend much of the forth-coming week asleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment