Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 14 April 2016

Prune & Parsnip Wine - Third Bottle (A5), 6th-7th April 2016

I am quite a good cook. Nowhere near Claire's league, but given some ingredients, a few pans and a hob, I can generally make something without written instructions. What gets me, on nearly every occasion, though, is timing. On Wednesday I was doing onion gravy, bean burgers, mashed potato and kale. And whilst it all came out right, in the last 15 minutes I got flustered and felt out of control. Once it was on the table, Claire poured me a large glass of prune and parsnip wine. Followed by another. It is a fine wine - smooth, medium sweet, sherry-like. And it did its job nicely.





No comments:

Post a Comment