Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Crab Apple & Strawberry Wine - Fifth Bottle (2), 29th August 2014

Claire and I drank this bottle on Friday night to a fabulous courgette curry that she invented, served with home-made rhoti. Though I had not chilled the wine it was still extremely good. Crab apple and strawberry is an excellent combination.

The afternoon had been spent in York. I was playing wind quintets outside the Merchant Adventurers' Hall for Simon's wedding. It was a lovely experience: we played well and occasionally the general public (who were mostly waiting for buses) would lean over the wall and applaud. The first piece was Mendelssohn's wedding march. I handed Simon my bassoon and he got to play his own celebratory music. We were both delighted.




No comments:

Post a Comment