Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 7 August 2014

Elderberry Wine - Tenth Bottle (A2), 29th-31st July 2014

It is unusual for a bottle of wine at Rydal to last more than one evening. This bottle was unusual. I opened it on Tuesday night and was generous in sharing it around. Hannah was particularly enthusiastic about it and only just avoided declaring it the finest wine she had ever tasted. A few people said this elderberry was drier than previous vintages and that is both correct and a Good Thing.

I finished the bottle tonight, Thursday, and in between times I have played three symphonies, a couple of concertos, at least one overture and plenty of light music - only some of which has required me to play cymbals.


No comments:

Post a Comment