Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 21 June 2014

Blackberry Wine - First Bottle (B), 10th-13th June 2014

This bottle was chosen in spectacular fashion by St Ithamar, whose feast day it was on Tuesday. If I were superstitious or religious, I would say it was a miracle. Within ten minutes of me opening a nasty bottle of wine to celebrate St Ithamar, this one shot its cork and spewed wine all over.

We have drunk this bottle slowly, and tonight had a glass in the garden, inspecting our rose (which is fabulous) and gooseberries (less so). Summer evenings are fabulous and too few. Too many 'fabulouses' there. Why do I get stuck on words? Clumsy.

Our Roses (plus a foxglove)

No comments:

Post a Comment