Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 19 November 2012

Rose Petal Wine - Fourth Bottle (2), 17th November 2012

It is curious how different each bottle of Rose Petal turns out. This was rather better than the last, which is a Good Thing, as I opened it for the Wine Party.

Rose Petal was the night's winner (just) with a score of 31 out of 42, and there were many 'Turkish Delight' related comments. Richard and Julia both mentioned the smell, in a good way, with Richard saying that it tasted of a rose's scent. It was only one of two flavours to which Gunnar would give house room, and with Quince, was the only one of two bottles finished. I suspect it is no coincidence that Quince was Gunnar's other favourite.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I have made quite a lot of wine myself now. I was just curious to know what rose petal wine is. Is it a a certain type of wine?

    You can check out my step by step wine making blog at http://andrewquinn64.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andrew. Thanks for the comment. Rose Petal Wine is exactly that - wine made from rose petals. You can read all about it here: http://bensadventuresinwinemaking.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/rose-petal-wine-making-of.html - which gives you the background and the method.

    I will now go and have a look at your blog. Always good to see other people making wine.

    ReplyDelete