Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 2 September 2012

Redcurrant Wine - Second Bottle (4), 30th-31st August 2012

I encouraged Claire to open this bottle whilst I was out playing trios with Pat and Peter. On my return home she reported that it was 'very nice'. Evidently. Half the bottle had gone.

We made short work of the remainder on Friday night - preceded by gins and tonics and followed by one of Sooz's flavoured vodka concoctions. It was not necessary to open another bottle. But the whole purpose of Friday night is to reflect on the week just gone in soft focus.

This batch of redcurrant is a transformation from the last. It has a sharp 'cherry lips' flavour that is both unusual and contains depth. Next time I shall ensure that I am around for the entire bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment