Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 5 July 2012

Tea Wine - Third Bottle (1), 28th-29th June 2012

This has been the nicest bottle of Tea Wine so far. Though sweeter than ideal, and swampy in both colour and texture towards the end of the bottle, the taste is good. It has lost the bitterness of this flavour's first batch. Halving the amount of tea in the recipe was the correct thing to do.

Claire started the bottle on Thursday evening, whilst I was at Pat and Peter's playing trios. For the first time in well over a year I played the flute. This caused havoc with my bassoon playing for the remainder of the evening and reminded me why I don't get the flute out more often.

We finished the bottle on Friday evening, much of which was taken up with putting my Gooseberry & Elderflower into demijohns, which was a tedious process, and bottling the Quince wine, which was not.

No comments:

Post a Comment