Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 9 July 2012

Pea Pod Wine - First Bottle (2), 4th-5th July 2012

There is absolutely nothing nasty about this wine. It is entirely clear, sweet and with no hint of mustiness. I also suspect it is rather alcoholic, judging by a certain amount of befuddlement after two glasses. My main criticism is that it is not interesting. Claire's first comment was that it tastes like it has been made from sugar. I see her point, but think she is being a little harsh. The flavour, though, is not distinctive. Pea pod wine is, I think, destined to serve as a perfectly adequate mid-week bottle.

Opening the first bottle has coincided with Claire declaring war on slugs. The Invertebrate Court of Mollusc Rights would lock her up for genocide. She is keeping a tally of the number of slugs collected and killed each day, and over the last week it has never been fewer than 100. I am amazed we have any plants left in the garden at all..

NB - If you want to see how I made this pea pod wine, click on the label 'pea pod' and it should take you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment